If you are moving from one office building to another, you are probably having some mixed emotions. On one hand, you might be excited about being in a new work setting. At the same time, you might be dreading all that goes with any move. The packing and the actual move can be stressful. If you are one of the individuals who are in charge or making the moving plans, here are some tips on how to make your commercial relocation a smooth one:
Divide and Conquer -
- Think of getting others to be part of the team that will orchestrate the move.
- Consider asking each division of your business to supply you with individuals who are known to be well-organized.
- Form teams to do the actual planning.
- After you have organized the teams, give each one a specific job.
Plan Team Responsibilities -
- One team might be in charge of dispersing information to all workers.
- Another group may take the lead in organizing a plan for individuals to clean out personal work areas.
- One or more groups could arrange for simple meals to be brought in on packing and moving days.
- A team might be designated to meet the movers at the new office building.
Think of creating charts that show where all office furniture and office equipment will go in the new building. Have at least two charts available on moving days. One of the charts will be used to instruct the movers where things belong. The second chart will be waiting for the movers at the new office building. By following the second chart, the movers will know exactly where to place things that are being transferred to the new building. The team that was designated to meet the movers will be a great resource to give directions to the movers.
It might be very helpful for each of the workers to transfer many of their own belongings. For example, workers can move things like personal framed photographs, personal files, and plants. Are you getting rid of things like office equipment and old furniture? If so, consider making plans for a local charity organization to pick up the things that won't be used at the new office building. Remind the workers that this is a great time to get rid of personal belongings that create clutter and have them ready for the charity organization, too.
Contact a moving company near your for more information and assistance.Share